When deciding on which orthodontic treatment to go with, you will have to decide between braces or Invisalign. Both serve to strengthen teeth over time, although the decision becomes squirt weighty because each comes with its own set of pros and cons. This guide will take you through everything to know about Invisalign and braces and how to tell what’s best for you.
We offer Invisalign to Bayswater residents to straighten and realign teeth. Over recent years, they have grown in popularity due to their less conspicuous appearance and tight fit over the teeth, making them less noticeable than traditional braces.
Invisalign can fix various dental issues ranging from crowding to spacing and moderate bite issues. They can also treat open bite and gap teeth problems with varying success.
During the first visit to the dentist’s office, a 3-D scan of your mouth and jaw will be made, and it will be used to put together a custom plan to move your teeth into the proper placement. The plastic aligners are then created using the 3-D scan. These apply pressure to the teeth, gradually shifting them into the desired places over time.
- Clear aligners look better than conventional metal braces.
- They are easy to remove during cleaning or when brushing your teeth.
- Invisalign reduces damage to teeth and gums.
- They straighten teeth more efficiently.
- Invisalign is less effective for complex dental issues.
- You need to remove them while eating or drinking.
Conventional braces use a single bracket cemented to the tooth to hold wires and a few bands to anchor the wires. This provides a firm hold on the teeth and gradually pushes them into alignment. Due to their design, they take the shortest treatment time to align teeth compared to other designs.
Bayswater dental uses conventional braces to correct shifting teeth and straighten crooked teeth. They can also improve oral health by making it easier to brush and floss. Having the teeth perfectly aligned reduces any room for tooth decay and manages bite problems.
Newer brace options are also available such as ceramic braces. These are much less obvious as they are made of a white material instead of traditional metal braces. Lingual brackets attached to the teeth’ inside surface can also be used to hold the wires and pull the teeth into a new position.
Braces can also improve pronunciation and speech by straightening out crooked teeth that usually impair speech. This is in addition to restoring beautiful smiles and naturally looking jawlines.
- Prevents the formation of cavities
- Reduces bad breath
- Eases teeth cleaning process
- Improves chewing
- Prevents gum disease
- Alleviates speech and pronunciation issues.
- They are less aesthetically pleasing and tend to be noticeable.
- Pain and soreness are common after periodic adjustments and tightening.
- The metal appliances may irritate the lips and cheeks.
- They are a hygiene obstacle.
Bayswater residents seeking Invisalign and braces can get them at Bayswater Dentist. These are a modern approach to realigning crooked teeth to restore a naturally beautiful smile. Call us today to book an orthodontic appointment.